Friday, May 23, 2008

A Zhuhai Goodbye

A short report for now . . .


I was too exhausted last night, physically and emotionally to blog--and now it's breakfast time. Teddi did great with her visit back to her first home, however she grieved hard last night, and bedtime was oh so rough--for mama too. She was incredibly sad, mad and confused. This morning she woke up with a huge grin on her face, and she hasn't looked back. God is gracious!


I am still trying to get my arms around the whole experience. It was emotionally draining to see Teddi's caregivers have to let her go, also draining to visit Teddi's finding spot (near a huge bank) knowing that this was the last time she was ever with her China mama-- and that a mama's heart broke that January day when she had to let her baby go. So much to absorb . . . . so much to be thankful for.


Some pictures for now --
In Daddy's hands, a last whirl down her Zhuhai slide.
Beautiful Zhuhai, China, located on the South China Sea.
Zhuhai is a very popular tourist destination,
it's easy to see why.

Teddi reunited with her friend Bao Bao, soon to be Isabelle!
Isabelle's mama (and family) wait faithfully to bring
her home soon. She is beautiful, Caroline!

Xiao Xiao giving goodbye kisses, they loved her so much!

I am forever grateful for the chance to express to Ms. Zhong (right side of photo) my

thankfulness for the love poured into their little Zhu Fu Xiao.

A final Zhuhai goodbye at the orphanage gate. . .

The Johnson and Winder families, forever grateful for

our Zhuhai girls, Zhu Hai Ping and Zhu Fu Xiao.

Audrey and Teddi are going home!

Blessings~

Tina


4 comments:

Ohilda said...

Oh Tina! Reading your words flooded my memories back to my 2 Chinese sweethearts' finding places and the visit to their orphanage.

These babies lose so much, but gain everything by knowing Christ.

You are an awesome Mama and will be there whenever those losses surface for your beautiful Teddi.

Loving your journey....

Big hugs,

Ohilda

Vivian said...

Tina,
Thank you for sharing. The return to the orphanage is always a hard trip. I am glad that Teddi and Audrey both had such loving nannies.
I am also glad that you have her now, and that she will know the love of a forever family.
We are sooooo looking forward to you coming home. We miss you all!
love,
Alycia

Margaret M said...

I am so glad you were able to visit the orphanage. I think it will be so important to Teddi one day to know that you honored her caregivers and gave them all a chance to say good bye. Blessings to you all!

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I can't thank you enough for all the beautiful photos of Isabelle (BaoBao). You are a great friend...love the one Teddi and Isabelle.
Caroline
waiting for LOA!