Thursday, May 1, 2008

What a day!


"The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy."
Psalm 126:3

I took this picture of my Brogan when we lived in Florida . . . pure joy! Take note that his feet are off the ground, this is how I feel tonight!

The Lord has done great things for us, it was quite the day . . .

We began the morning with my dear husband taking his final re-enlistment oath. It is official, we are committed to the Air Force for five more years, this will bring him to a grand total of thirty years and then he will be D-O-N-E! It's a bit scary to think about, the Air Force has been a way of life for us for 25 years now. I know I've said it before, but I'm a proud, proud wife!

On with the day, I have much to tell . . .

For the past couple of weeks Bryan has been working on finding out the details of a possible bonus that he might be entitled to (upon hitting the 25 year mark and re-enlisting). Today the details were revealed and we are going to receive a wonderful bonus over the span of the next five years. Last year, in faith, when we decided to adopt, we had to trust that God would make the way if we were obedient to His calling. We laid down the worries and "what ifs" of how we would adopt . . . and also continue to take care of our family of six (soon seven) . . . pay for children to go to college . . . replace our aging minivan . . . and the list goes on. Today the Lord blessed us mightily, and we are filled with joy!

There's more . . . I decided to check the email one last time before we left the house tonight for our Wednesday night Community Group, and guess what? Our Travel Approval is on its wayyyyyyyy! Our coordinator Ky, hopes to have it in hand tomorrow (that would be today I guess, I'm writing in the wee hours). It looks like Mother's Day in China just might happen! OH JOY!

It gets better. I have a dear friend Steph (whom I have never met face to face --yet). Steph is a waiting mom from my Zhuhai Yahoo group. Steph and her husband Brian are adopting Teddi's orphanage sister, Zhu Hai Ping (age 10), soon to become Audrey (she will be Steph and Brian's fifth child). Steph and I had talked earlier today and promised to call one another if either of us received our TA. Once I got the email about mine, I thought "oh no", I need to call Steph . . . but I don't want to because she doesn't have hers . . . anyway, I called and Steph's phone was busy. Turns out she was on the line with Tracy (Kate's mom) getting my phone number . . . so that she could call me to tell me that her TA was also ON THE WAY! God is so good! Steph and I talked and prayed. We asked God to bring all of the details together, knowing He will! Steph, I cannot wait to meet you and your sweet family. . . and your Audrey. . . and of course my sweet Xiao Xaio!

There was icing on the cake too . . . In between the re-enlistment ceremony and the bonus news, I managed to hit the base thrift store (those of you who know me well, know that a thrift store alone, can put JOY in my day!). I have been watching for a cute little girl bike for Teddi, and today was the day. I found a sweet little ride for a grand total of $7.00! That, my friends, is God's provision when you are a faithful thrift store shopper! Amen!

Sprinkles on the icing . . . My big boy who has been "out in the field" for the past twelve days, doing more of his extreme survival training called tonight to say he is once again back "in" safe and sound. My mama's heart is at ease . . .

I packed the first suitcase tonight! Lord, get my Teddi ready, her day is almost here! Please pray with us that affordable flights would remain available, as we wait for our TA to arrive, and then for our agency to request our consulate date. Tomorrow will be busy with phone calls to travel agents, our adoption agency, etc. Things are about to go full speed ahead.

Thank you for sharing our JOY!

Blessings~
T~

7 comments:

Jill W said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful Mother's day gift! Wishing you safe travels and many more blessings to come.

Patientlywaiting said...

WOW, what an awesome day! Don't you love how God orchestrates things? The blessings continue to flow! We are so happy for you. We can't wait to meet Teddi too. If you need a ride to the airport just let us know!

R. Haines

Bonnie said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow...praise Him all creatures here below, praise Him ye heavenly Host, praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost...
AMEN!!

I love you sweet sister and I am praying for your sweet Mommy's Day.
My Mommy's Day will be one year since my diagnosis...Oh sometimes the Lord is so sweet I fall to my knees...not sweet because of my diagnosis, but sweet because of WHO He is in the storm and wind and rain...He is security, He is peace, He is strength, He is hope and He is comfort...I have seen you magnify Him again and again and I know that is like a incredible perfume rising to His throne.

Praising Him with you,

Bonnie

Sue Huber said...

Teddi's coming home in May
Do dah
Do dah
The Winder family's on their way
Oh do dah day

Going to stay a while
Bearing great big smiles
They'll meet the Johnsons on the way
Oh do dah dayyyyyyyyyy

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!
Tina, I am so excited--I almost stopped by your house yesterday to ask! I saw the little girl bike parked out front this morning when I walked and I KNEW it was Teddi's.
Melissa

Ohilda said...

OK! Between the goosepimples and the tears, I'm a mess!!!

Tina, words can't express how happy I am that "Daddy's Plan" is all unraveling before your eyes now. May all praise and glory be His!

Sending you big hugs, dear friend..

Ohilda

Stephanie said...

Tina,
What a day! We feel so blessed to be on this adoption journey with you and your family and now to travel a the same time! God's timing is so perfect.......
On to more planning and (yea!)
packing!
Hugs and love,
Steph

Waiting no longer for my Audrey Hai Ping! This mama is on her way!!!!